How to dispose of dog poop without smell? Figuring out how to properly dispose of dog poop without creating an unpleasant odor can be tricky. There are some simple and effective ways to dispose of dog poop so that your yard or neighborhood doesn’t smell like a kennel.
Let’s discuss five effective ways to dispose of dog poop without worrying about the smelly consequences.
5 Strong Ways to dispose of dog poop without smell
Dog owners know that with pet ownership comes certain responsibilities, one of which is cleaning up after their pet. Dog poop can be smelly, nasty business, and many pet owners are looking for ways to dispose of their pup’s poop without dealing with the strong smell. Fortunately, there are some great ways to dispose of dog poop without smelling it. Here are five powerful strategies to help you keep your yard and home smelling and clean.
- Poop Bags – Poop bags are an important tool in any pet parent’s arsenal. They are designed to keep dog waste out of your yard or home, and some are biodegradable, making them a great eco-friendly option. Be sure to use bags large enough to hold the volume of your puppy’s waste and dispose of them in an appropriate receptacle.
- Composting – Composting is a great way to dispose of dog poop without smelling it. It’s a simple process – mix your pet waste with other organic matter like grass clippings, leaves and other yard waste and turn it every few days. Compost helps keep odors at bay, and you’ll have nutrient-rich compost for your garden in just a few weeks.
- Flush it down the toilet – Believe it or not, you can flush small amounts of dog poop down the toilet. It’s important that you only flush well-bagged poop and that the size of the waste is appropriate for your plumbing system. Be sure to add a few drops of bleach or similar cleaner to the toilet each time you flush to help keep your pipes clean and unclogged.
- Litter Box – Putting your puppy’s waste in a litter box is another great way to eliminate odors. Be sure to use a covered trash can and put a few drops of air freshener inside to help keep odors at bay. If your waste is particularly decomposed, wrap it in newspaper, a plastic grocery bag or other similar material before throwing it in the bin.
- Burial – Burying your dog’s waste is the most effective way to get rid of odors and keep your house or home smelling fresh. A safe place to bury your puppy’s poop is at least six inches deep and at least 20 feet away from any water sources. You should cover the waste with soil or mulch.
Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pup, and with these five powerful ways to dispose of dog poop odor-free, you can ensure your yard and home are clean and odor-free. Be sure to follow the advice of your local veterinarian to find the best way to safely and effectively dispose of your puppy’s waste.
Tips for Reducing Smell of Dog Poop
Pick up the poop right away
The first and most important step in reducing the smell of dog poop is to pick it up right away. Leaving dog poop out in the open not only attracts pests, but also allows the smell to linger in the air. When you spot your dog pooping, make sure you have a bag handy so you can pick it up quickly.
When you dispose of poop, it’s a good idea to clean the area with a pet-safe cleaner or a mixture of water and vinegar. It helps to get rid of the remaining unpleasant odors. Finally, make sure your yard is always free of dog poop by regularly scanning for missed deposits. This will go a long way in keeping your yard smelling fresh and clean.
Use a deodorizing spray
One of the most effective ways to reduce the smell of dog poop is to use a deodorizing spray. These sprays are specially formulated to eliminate odors and keep your home clean and fresh. Be sure to use a spray that is safe for pets and children, as some may contain harsh chemicals. Apply the spray directly to the area where your dog pooped and let it sit for several minutes before wiping it off.
You can also use a spray on your yard to help keep the area smelling fresh. If you have a large area or multiple dogs, you may want to consider investing in an automatic deodorizing system that regularly sprays deodorizer throughout your yard. With a little effort, you can make your yard smell better without having to worry about the smell of dog poop.
Use Air Fresheners
An easy way to reduce the smell of dog poop is to use air fresheners. Air fresheners work by masking rather than eliminating odors. Place air fresheners around the house to help reduce odors.
Use Baking Soda
Baking soda is a great way to reduce the smell of dog poop. Sprinkle baking soda on the stool area and leave it there for two hours. It helps to absorb the smell and make it less noticeable.
Change your dog’s diet
One of the most common causes of strong odors from dog poop is their diet. Changing their diet to a diet that is high in fiber and low in fat can help reduce the smell of their stool. Not only does it help reduce odor, but it also provides good nutrition for your dog.
By following these five tips, you can help reduce dog poop odors and keep your home pleasant. Be sure to clean up the poop immediately, use odor neutralizers, air fresheners, baking soda, and healthy foods to help reduce the smell of dog poop.