Dog Crates for 2 Dogs: Many people make the common mistake of purchasing one dog crate for their home and expecting it to fit both dogs.
This is a common misconception and many people end up with unhappy dogs and plenty of wasted money on dog crates.
There is a solution though: there are dog crates that can accommodate two dogs, just like any other crate, but they’re special in that they’re built with two doors.
Choosing the right-sized crate for your pet is not something to take lightly. The size of the crate should be determined by the size of your dog.
If you have two dogs, it’s important to get a crate that is large enough for both of them to fit comfortably.
Here are our top picks for dog crates for 2 dogs:
Best Overall Dog Crate For 2 Dogs: ProSelect Steel Modular Pet Cage with Plastic Tray
Best for Small and Medium Breed Dogs: Pro Select Steel Modular Cage
Best Heavy Duty 2 Dogs Cage: Homey Pet Two Tier Pet Dog Cat Cage with Feeding Door and Bowl
Best Portable Crate for 2 Dogs: Stackable Heavy Duty Cage w/Feeding Doors and Divider
Best for 6 Dogs Combo: Heavy Duty Crate w/Feeding Doors and Divider
- Stackable ProSelect Modular Cages can be used as standalone...
- Powder-coated steel construction, vertical and horizontal...
- Includes locking removable divider panel, two locking trays,...
ProSelect Steel Modular Pet Cage with Plastic Tray is a versatile, economical pet cage that offers the ultimate in convenience and durability.
The modular design allows you to configure your pet space to your specifications.
You can use it as an indoor or outdoor enclosure depending on your specific needs, and it’s so easy to assemble, you can have it up and running in just minutes.
The steel construction makes this pet cage durable enough to last for years, but light enough for easy transport.
- Good locking mechanism that prevents escape
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Mesh material on top and sides provides visibility, air flow and natural light for pet
- Includes a plastic tray that is easy to clean
- ProSelect Modular Cages can be used as standalone cages or...
- Stackable design offers unmatched versatility
- Features powder-coated steel construction and triple door...
- Includes locking removable divider panel, two locking trays,...
Pro Select Steel Modular Cage with Plastic Tray, Black is a great option for those looking for a lightweight, durable home or office cage.
This cage is made from steel and has a plastic tray that can be removed for easy cleaning.
Steel Modular Cage with Plastic Tray, Black is a modular cage that provides your pet with the freedom to move around.
This black steel cage measures 42x25x5 inches and features a plastic tray, which can be easily removed for cleaning. The bars are spaced an inch apart, which allows the animal to see out of the cage.
- Folds together in seconds for easy storage
- Easily fits in most cars
- Safety latches keep your pet in the cage when driving
- Allows air circulation, reducing temperature and eliminating odors
- Size: L37"xW25"xH50“， each tier's height is 21", fits...
- Feeding doors with bowls provide more convenience to feed...
- Two pull out trays make it easier for cleaning
- Lockable casters allow you to move the cage easier
A cage is a great way to keep your pet safe and happy, and with the Homey Pet Two Tier Pet Dog Cat Cage with Feeding Door and Bowl you can make them feel right at home.
The cage is designed to come with a feeding door and a bowl and is perfect for those who need something with more space than a traditional carrier.
Crafted from durable steel wire, these cages will keep your pet feel safe while they stay at home.
- Provides your pets with the space they need
- Two tiers for your pets to enjoy, one up high and one on the ground
- The large feeder door is easy to load with food or water without having to bend down or touch it
- Large top opening for easy loading of bedding, toys, supplies, etc.
- Pet bowl included to reduce the mess around the cage
- ONE UPPER CAGE INCLUDED ONLY. Size: L 42.5" x W 28" x H 26";...
- Four feeding doors with two feeding bowls provide more...
- Package Includes: 1 divider, 1 Cage with screws and latches,...
- Removable divider panel allow you to adjust the cage size...
Steel cages are a popular choice for owners who want a durable, permanent home for their pets.
Whether you use the cage as an exercise area, to keep your pet from roaming unattended, or as a resting spot, these heavy-duty cages keep pets safe and secure.
Stackable Heavy Duty Cage w/Feeding Doors and Divider is designed as a permanent home for your pet with extra features to make it even more comfortable.
Heavy-duty stacking cages for dogs are excellent sellers on the market. They come in many sizes and depths, so you can always find one that will work perfectly for your pet.
You should make sure to buy one with feeding doors for easy access to food and water.
It is also important to look for a cage with a divider if you have two smaller dogs because it will allow them their own space to eat, sleep, and play.
- Made of high quality wrought iron
- Feeding doors on all four sides
- A divider to divide the cage into two, separate compartments
- Order Includes: 3 units of DG-43-T in size: L 42.5" x W 28"...
- Side Bar spacing: 1.15"; Floor Grid Bar Space: 0.38"; 3...
- Each Unit comes with 2x Feeding bowls, 1x Divider, 2x Trays,...
- Can be used individually or stack up to 3 levels
The DG-43-T is a tackable heavy-duty cage that features feeding doors and dividers. It also includes three units of the DG-43-T in size.
This crate is with feeding doors and divider and includes 3 units of DG-43-T in size. This is a great product for those who have multiple cats. One of the features of this cage is that it can be expanded to fit your needs or space. The quality is high and it’s easy to assemble.
- The Heavy Duty Cage is constructed of high-quality industrial grade steel to last for years
- Includes 3 units in size DG-43-T.
- Great for small breed multiple dogs
Frequently Asked Questions
Do All Dogs Need Their Own Crate?
It is a common misconception that all dogs need their own crate. In reality, not every dog will benefit from an individual enclosure. Considering the size and breed of your dog will help you decide whether or not your pet would be better off without a space of her own.
However, if you do decide to buy a crate for your dog, it is important to provide the pet with ample room to roam around inside.
What Type of Crate Can I Buy For 2 Dogs?
Many people wonder what type of crate is best for multiple dogs. It can be difficult to figure out how large of a crate to buy, the size of the wire, and the number of doors on the crate.
We recommend considering where your pets will spend most of their time.
For example, if one lives in an apartment and one lives in a house with yard access, it would be worth considering purchasing two different sizes or types.
As many dog owners know, there are many types of crates that can be purchased for dogs. These include wire crates, heavy-duty plastic crates, and soft-sided fabric crates.
One of the most important considerations which should be made is the size of the crate. The dimensions should be at least 36 inches long by 27 inches wide by 38 inches high.
Can You Put Two Dog Crates Next To Each Other?
Many people wonder if they can put two dog crates next to each other in their living room. The answer is yes, but there are some considerations that you’ll need to take into account when deciding how to best arrange the crates.
The first consideration is the size of your living room and how many dogs you have. If your living room is small and you only have 2 dogs that can get along with each other, then putting two crates side by side is a perfectly acceptable arrangement for them both.
In conclusion, there are plenty of dog crates for two dogs on the market. This can make bonding easier for you and your canine companions.
All dog breeds will be able to find a crate that suits their needs. There are different sizes, shapes, and colors for you to choose from so deciding which one is best for your setup shouldn’t be difficult.
If you’re ready to get the ball rolling on bringing home a second furry friend then it’s time to do some shopping!